Divestment of FIH

Jan 2011
Deal Value:
EUR 255 million
Private auction
Financial Institutions and Real Estate

A consortium consisting of ATP, PFA, Folksam and CPDyvig (the “Consortium”) agreed to acquire all Kaupthing Bank hf.’s shares (99.89% of all shares) in FIH Erhvervsbank A/S (“FIH”). FIH and FIH employees own the remaining 0.11%. The Consortium is structured with ATP holding 49.95% with PFA (19.98%), Folksam (19.98%) and CPDyvig (9.99%) holding their shares in FIH together through a joint venture.
In connection with the acquisition, the FIH Group has been offered a commit-ted loan facility of DKK 10 billion from ATP.
Completion of the transaction is subject to the relevant regulatory approvals.
FIH Partners has acted as financial advisor for the Management Team from FIH Erhvervsbank.