We have a profound understanding of the dynamics of the retail and consumer goods’ sector and the success parameters for consumer-focused companies. From more than 40 transactions in this industry, we have built significant experience in apparel, food and beverages, tobacco, jewellery, specialty and hardline retailers, department stores and supermarkets, as well as leisure-focused businesses such as fitness clubs and hotel chains.
Key examples of our experience in retail and consumer goods:
- Divestment of Louis Poulsen, a leading high-end decorative lighting brand, to InvestIndustrial
- Divestment of Muuto, a high-growth affordable furniture design brand, to Knoll Inc.
- Divestment of Ole & Steen, a high-end fast-growing bakery-led F&B retailer, to Nordic Capital
- Divestment of Silvan, Denmark’s leading DIY retailer, to Aurelius
- IPO of Scandinavian Tobacco, a leading producer of cigars, pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco
- Divestment of TOP-TOY, the largest toy store operator in the Nordic region, to EQT
- Divestment of Fan Milk, the leading manufacturer of frozen dairy products and juices in West Africa, to Danone/Abraaj
- Merger of SATS and Elixia, two leading Nordic fitness chains
- Divestment of Kelsen Group, the leading Danish butter cookie manufacturer, to Campbell Soup Company
- IPO of Pandora, a leading global jewellery company
- Divestment of Tiger, a fast-growing variety store concept, to EQT
- Divestment of Dyrup, a leading wood-stain and architectural coatings company, to PPG
- Defence advisor to Scottish & Newcastle in the public takeover bid from Carlsberg and Heineken