Our part-time Analyst Programme is designed for talented students with a strong desire to start a career in investment banking.
The programme is designed to offer a great theoretical, practical and social learning experience for students, who support our advisory teams on a daily basis and over time become a high-quality sourcing pool for full-time investment banking Associates.
The Analyst Programme has been running since the inauguration of FIH Partners in 2006 and since then many former Analysts have advanced to more senior positions in FIH Partners.
The programme consist of c. 10 students typically working two days / 20+ hours per week and offers great flexibility for exams and holidays.
We offer a highly attractive learning environment, a strong team spirit, a variety of different tasks relevant to your finance and investment banking studies and great career opportunities.
Assignments, training and education
As an Analyst, your work is focused on desk-top research on companies, industries and financial markets, and assisting our advisory teams in preparing pitches, sales material, various client presentations and company valuations.
To prepare our Analysts for this work and potentially for a full-time Associate position, the programme involves a number of internal training courses, day-to-day on-the-job coaching with senior team members, as well as training courses run by external consultants.
Examples of training courses include:
- The fundamentals of investment banking and working as a strategic advisor
- The fundamentals of M&A processes
- Databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Dealogic, Mergermarket etc.
- Valuation using a DCF and/or LBO model
- Valuation using peer group and comparable transaction multiples
- Excel optimisation and modelling
- Ad hoc seminars on team building, presentation skills and theoretical financial, accountancy and legal subjects
We hire talented analysts with outstanding academic skills, typically ~24 months before completing their master’s degree. This allows for a sufficient period of training, while also providing our analysts with the time necessary to familiarise themselves with FIH Partners and a potential career in investment banking.
Our analysts typically rank within the top 5-10% of their peers, and often study (or within 6 months are going to study) one of the following MSc courses (non-exhaustive list):
- MSc in Finance and Accounting (FIR – CBS)
- MSc in Applied Economics & Finance (AEF – CBS)
- MSc in Finance & Strategic Management (FSM – CBS)
- MSc in Finance & Investments (FIN – CBS)
- MSc in Economics (UC)
However, we are always open to applicants with strong academic skills taking alternative master’s degrees not mentioned above.
Given the international aspects of our work, preference will always be given to candidates who are good team players with excellent written and spoken language skills. Strong written and oral Danish and English skills are required.
Send your inquiry, CV, transcripts and/or a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org